Friday, November 03, 2006

Scrubbed and Stepped

I have been pretty busy the past week and haven't gotten to spend too much time on the boat. I did spend a couple of hours scrubbing the deck and inside the cabin. She looks great now:

I went over every last inch of the deck with a sponge and several brushes. Not only does the boat look much better, but it allowed me to get acquainted with every little chip, crack or pit in the gelcoat. All in all, very good condition.

Invited John and Brian over to take a peek and step the mast:


The mast went up very easily, I don't think that Courtney and I will have any trouble getting it up by ourselves.

Tried out the running rigging, everything looks pretty good. This O'Day has the A-Frame style mainsheet system. Many 22's have a triangular plate on the backstay to which the mainsheet system is attached. This is good for a few reasons and bad for many others. I think I will be pretty happy with the current setup, but I may investigate the options for a traveler. Also considering running the halyards aft, should make singlehanding easier.

The sails look terrific, there are some on my flickr. Have a main and a 150 jenny. A normal jib would be nice to have at some point.

Anyway, don't have much time for a proper update. We are going sailing on Saturday with the boats last owners. I can't wait to helm her for the first time!

No comments: